Enjoy the Necropolis Tours in Glasgow, Scotland. Discover the Mediaeval Glasgow and have an amazing time with local guides. Learn about local history.
Glasgow: The Merchant City
At the beginning of the 17th century, Glasgow was an anachronistic throwback to its Episcopalian past as Scotland’s second most important religious centre. By the beginning of the 18th century, she was well on the way to becoming second only to London within the British Empire.
Bereft of its Bishop, Glasgow was an ok place in 1600. Its merchants and their visionary ideas of mercantile trade put the city on a trajectory to become the manufacturing hub of the entire globe. Meet its titans and discover what made them tick as your guide intrudes you to the Hutchison brothers, David Dale, Bonnie Prince Charlie and Messrs Spiers, Cunningham and Ingram amongst many more of the men who invented Capitalism.
- Our public tours have a maximum of 10 guests per tour. We want to make friends, so we keep it cosy.
- The starting point for our tours is in front of Glasgow Cathedral, unless agreed otherwise with a private customer. More details will be in the booking confirmation email.
- Please bring your booking confirmation with you.
- You will need stout, sensible shoes and be prepared for weather.
- Whilst the route is mainly accessible, if you have any movement impairment please let us know ahead of time.