Discover the Merchant City Glasgow Tour. Meet its titans and discover what made them tick as your local guide intrudes you to the Hutchison brothers.
Surprise yourself in a Glasgow Necropolis Tour!
It may surprise a casual visitor to learn that Glasgow’s first claim to fame is religious. Walk in the footsteps of St Mungo and discover the dear, green place.
Cross the Molendinar Burn to investigate the old druidic site which grew in the Victorian period to amongst the most hauntingly gothic burial sites in the world. Look back at Glasgow’s Royal Infirmary and the sprawling magnificence of the Cathedral. Take some time to shake hands with departed shades, great and small before descending back toward the Cathedral and an intimate tour within. The Provand’s Lordship is the oldest secular building in Glasgow, dating to the 1400s. Once it’s secrets have been unfurled your guide will whisk you down the High Street where the tour will end close to the Old College Lands.
- Our public tours have a maximum of 10 guests per tour. We want to make friends, so we keep it cosy.
- The starting point for our tours is in front of Glasgow Cathedral, unless agreed otherwise with a private customer. More details will be in the booking confirmation email.
- Please bring your booking confirmation with you.
- You will need stout, sensible shoes and be prepared for weather.
- Whilst the route is mainly accessible, if you have any movement impairment please let us know ahead of time. Glasgow is a three-dimensional city.