Discover Enlightened Edinburgh Tour and have an amazing time. Expect an insight into the politics and intrigue of the most ingenious nation in the world.
Enjoy an Edinburgh old town tour!
Our popular half day morning tour features humour and anecdote, demonstrating Scotland’s place in the world by linking its history with your own home and the cultures you yourself identify with.
Many of Edinburgh’s main sites of historical interest are glimpsed en route, with a thorough discovery of the world-famous Royal Mile and the undiscovered lanes, wynds and closes along its path. Marvel at the wonder of Edinburgh’s National Museum of Scotland and learn the knack of the Old Town’s bridges, hidden in plain sight. The tour concludes at the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Our public tours have a maximum of 10 guests per tour. We want to make friends, so we keep it cosy.
- The starting point for our tours is outside the entrance to the Caledonian Hotel on Lothian Road, unless agreed otherwise with a private customer. More details will be in the booking confirmation email.
- Please bring your booking confirmation with you.
- You will need stout, sensible shoes and be prepared for weather.
- Whilst the route is mainly accessible, if you have any movement impairment please let us know ahead of time. Edinburgh is a three-dimensional city.